My pet is scheduled for a surgical procedure at your clinic. What should I expect on the day of the surgery?
You can expect the following protocols for your pet’s safety:
- We ask that your pet does not have anything to eat after 7pm on the night before the scheduled surgical procedure. Water is okay, but no food after 7pm.
- When scheduling the appointment, the receptionist will schedule you a time to drop your pet off between 8am-9am.
- When you arrive, a staff member will check you in, go over and have you sign a surgical consent form.
- If a consultation is necessary and scheduled (it isn’t always needed), a technician will bring you into an exam room to have you meet with the doctor.
- If you are also a new client, or if you are a client but have a new patient, please click here to learn more about what you will need to provide us with upon check in.
- To be updated on your pet and to be given a discharge time for your pet, we ask that you call the office any time after 2pm.
- Upon pick up, a technician will review the post-op care handout with you, answer all of your questions, and explain any medications that are being sent home, as well as schedule any follow up appointments if necessary.
If you have any further questions regarding your pet’s surgical procedure, or if you need to schedule a surgical procedure, please contact our office.
Where on Route 1 are you located?
We are located on Route 1 in Portsmouth, in between Market Basket and Water Country, across from the Service Credit Union. Please visit our contact us page for our GPS address as well as a map.
How much is my appointment going to cost?
Cost varies depending on many different variables, including but not limited to, type of treatment needed, type of animal, etc. Please call us for an estimate. Please keep in the mind that the estimate that you receive is just an estimation. The total cost is subject to decrease or increase depending on what the doctor concludes after examining your pet and talking with you. Feel free to ask your doctor or technician when you are in the exam room for a more accurate quote once the plan of action is determined.
Do I have to pay at the time of visit?
Yes, we do require payment at the time that services are rendered.
Do you offer any kind of payment plan?
How do I know what vaccinations my pet needs?
We do have a few pages on our website dedicated to pet wellness, and on those pages we explain what vaccinations are needed for your pet’s species and age group. Please feel free to click on the page below that fits your pet’s description:
Puppy and Kitten Care: puppies and kittens under 1 year of age.
Wellness Care: Adult dog or cat over 1 year of age.
Senior Pet Care: Senior dog or cat 7 years of age or older.
If you have a question as to which vaccinations your pet is currently up to date on, please either call our office, or log in to your pet’s online patient portal. To learn more about the patient portal, click here.
My cat is only indoor, why does she need a rabies vaccination?
Rabies is the only vaccination required by state law, and it must be given by a veterinarian. In order for us to see your pet, or dispense medications, your pet must be up to date on rabies and we must have seen your pet in the past year.
One of your staff members mentioned that I would be able to go online to view my pets records, and even print out an ID card to bring to my groomer, how do I do that?
Do you declaw cats?
Yes, we do. Our declawing procedure is done with our surgical laser, which decreases the amount of inflammation, bleeding, and promotes a faster healing time. Our declawing surgery is an all-inclusive surgery, and our staff is more than happy to go over what it includes.
Do you do ear cropping?
Yes, we do. We typically do ear crops on puppies somewhere between the ages of 10-16 weeks. If your puppy is still in that age range, or will be in that age range when you schedule the appointment, please feel free to call us so that we can go over more details with you. Our ear crop surgery is an all-inclusive surgery, and our staff is more than happy to go over what it includes.
Please keep in mind that the recheck appointments are part of this inclusive package. After your puppy has had its ears cropped with us, we will schedule as many recheck appointments as your puppy requires, which depends on the progression of the healing process. This could vary from 2 recheck appointments, to coming back so the doctor can check your puppy’s ears every other day for a week, possibly longer. There are no limits on recheck appointments. We are committed to following through. We ask that you please keep this in mind if you are traveling quite a distance.
Do you carry prescription diets?
Yes, we do. We carry Royal Canin products primarily, but we do have some Hill’s Science Diet and Purina prescription diets on hand.